You’re thinking about taking the leap and getting a new exhaust system for your car or truck, but with any big purchase, it is important to weigh the pros and cons. Here are a few important pros and cons:
- More Power – A new exhaust system allows for exhaust gasses to escape more easily. With the increased airflow, your engine is able to create more power. And who doesn’t want more power?
- Sound – A pro that draws many people to a new exhaust system is the more aggressive growl that your car or truck will now produce. You will be sure to have heads turning as you drive down the road.
- Gas Mileage – When your vehicle is performing better with increased airflow, you will also find you need to fill up your tank less often.
- Life expectancy – A new exhaust system won’t rust because it is made out of stainless steel. This means you probably wont ever need to replace your new exhaust system like you would an older exhaust system.
- Cost – One of the few downsides complaints to buying a new exhaust system is the cost. But, most owners of vehicles with a new exhaust system will quickly tell you that the benefits outweigh the costs. Here at Scotties Muffler Shop, we offer many different brands and styles to shop from, and in a range of prices. If your budget still won’t allow you to replace your entire exhaust system, you can have it built a little at a time. For example, we can begin with replacing your tips and progress from there to spread the expense out over time.
- Time – A second con is the time that it will take to have a new exhaust system installed. Here at Scotties Muffler Shop, we pride ourselves on our quick turn-around time. We will have you in and out in no time.
We feel that the pros of a new exhaust system outweigh the cons and hope that you do, too. Call or stop by our Winston-Salem, North Carolina shop to discuss your new exhaust system.